OnTrac held their first ever Relay for Life event at the OnTrac headquarters on Thursday, February 25, 2016. You may have read about the event in a previous post on our blog.
Throughout the remainder of the year, several OnTrac facilities hosted local Relay for Life events in their states. Read on to discover the details on how each group delivered hope to a worthy cause.
During the month of April, many OnTrac employees were busy Delivering Hope at local Relay for Life events.
- The Superhero’s Squad consisted of OnTrac employees from our Los Angeles facility and the team walked at the Relay for Life of USC on April 2nd.
- The Omaha office walked as team Delivering Hope on April 8th.
- The Commerce facility walked 50 miles total as a team on April 9th. A spirit stick was created with pictures of cancer survivors and memories of loved ones affected by the disease, which won Best Spirit Stick at the Relay for Life of Commerce.
- Team OnTrac Delivering Hope from our San Diego facility raised $425 in fundraising for the Relay for Life of Pt. Loma Ocean Beach event on April 9th. They held a bake sale prior to the event and sold Make & Take Succulent Planters at the event.
- Finishing off the month of April, our team in Sacramento attended the Relay for Life of Natomas event, which took place on April 23rd. Twenty five attendees from their team walked a total of 86 miles and raised $100 in fundraising.
- Our Seattle team kicked off the month of May at the Relay for Life of Seattle University event on Saturday, May 7th. The team walked a total of 30 laps together.
- The Relay for Life of Ontario took place on June 11th at Westwind Park. The Ontario team surpassed their fundraising goal and raised $1,048. Also, they won the award for the “Most Spirited Team.” The 12-hour event was filled with face painting, raffles, and contests.
- The Denver facility participated in the Relay for Life of Stapleton on June 24th. This was the first Relay for Life event held in Stapleton. This smaller and more intimate Relay for Life event was held for five hours at the North Green Park. Our Denver team raised almost $300.00!
- The Salt Lake City facility participated in Relay for Life of Davis County on July 29th. This event was held from 5pm until midnight. By the end of the Relay, it had turned into a fun team water fight! Our Salt Lake City team held a BBQ with proceeds going to the Relay for Life.
OnTrac is honored to support this important cause that makes a true difference in the lives of our employees and customers alike. We believe in our community and know that one day there will be a cure for cancer. Delivering hope conquers all.